Wednesday, March 16, 2011

in less than 24 hours

I flew to Denver, taped a 4-hour segment of scrapbooking tips and tutorials, had lunch with Lisa Dickinson, and flew back to Philly. Phew. My arms are tired. (Sorry! I've been wanting to use that line in a long time. Yes, I should have just saved it forever.)

The reason I was so crazed last week was a mixture of a few deadlines. Working on pages for a future CK issue, and creating samples and step-by-step instructions for my video segment. Let's say that when I said yes to the video thing, I had  no idea how much work I'd have. But I can't complain. It was a fun experience. And I finally got to meet Lisa (more on that later.)

Set before we started.
Set with me. Ahhh, so much better.
I didn't have a chance to take many photos, since the kind folks at the studio were slave drivers. OK. Fine! They weren't slave drivers. But we had a schedule to follow. So I took a few of the set and a slave driver studio person took one of me. Can I call her my handler? Because I was listed as talent, which prompted me to text my husband about the rock star tantrum I was going to throw. But I didn't. Sorry to disappoint you. I did request champagne and caviar upon completion of work, but instead they all left to eat lunch, and me to clean up. True story. Lisa was there and she can attest to the veracity of this account.
Me with the people who seemed so kind, until they abandoned me for lunch.
Speaking of Lisa. What a super nice, fun, and beautiful person. We've known each other online for a long while now, but never met in real life. She drove across the entire town to meet me, and Denver is a big place! She came by, kindly sat quietly behind the giant screen (she could have been mocking me, but she didn't), and waited until I was done. Then she took me to a super delish Tex-Mex place and we chatted like old buddies. Not that we are old, what I mean is, long time friends. Alas, she had to go pick up her kids from school. But before that, she dropped me off at the aiport, where we asked a skycap to take a photo of us. I kinda wished he had mentioned my blouse clinging to me? Not a good look. Lisa, of course, looks fabu! Can't wait to spend more time with her. I owe you two beers, Lisa! And margaritas too.
The always beautiful Lisa. She's good people.
I'm super tired, but happy to be home. One last question before I sign out. Does anyone know why do people farm in crop circles? Wouldn't the land at the corners be wasted? Can you tell I know nothing about farming?

13 comments :

~kelly marie~ March 16, 2011 at 2:40 PM  

That looks like so much fun!

JennO March 16, 2011 at 3:19 PM  

People farm in circles because of the irrigation sprinklers moving off a central pivot go around the field in a big circular arc.

Sounds like you blew through Denver fast and furious! You're adorable, as is Lisa--fun that you got to spend a lunch together.

Glad you're back--hope you have your feet up and some tea at your elbow. ;)

Ronda Palazzari March 16, 2011 at 3:37 PM  

next time linda. i promise, next time!

Anonymous March 16, 2011 at 8:36 PM  

WOW that was such a fast trip to Denver, but so glad you had a wonderful experience & got to hang out w/ Lisa for the first time. that is always so much fun. great pictures & so wrong of the slave drivers to leave you hanging at lunchtime ;)

Elizabeth March 16, 2011 at 8:38 PM  

Well if you ever do that again, you'll have to let me know—I'd drive 100 miles to have lunch with you and Lisa in Denver : )

Abbey March 16, 2011 at 9:03 PM  

The prior poster is pretty much right about the ease of implements if you make it a circle. I grew up on a farm and we farmed all the way to the corners. My Dad was rabid about doing corners properly and we were required to practice turning them properly so it worked out without a circle. I promptly became majored in international affairs and moved away, then became a lawyer so no more need for my random farming knowledge save times like this. Smiles!

Kim Watson March 17, 2011 at 7:17 AM  

Oh my word what a blast!! It looks like you had them eating out of your hand... haha!

Rock star status indeed! Proud of you sweetie!
x

laura vegas March 17, 2011 at 10:29 AM  

i'm totally swiping that first photo from you, to use on my blog ... since i'm pathetic, and didn't take any pics. lol! hope you don't mind ;)

i love your recap of the filming experience. i'm sure you were fabulous, and i can't wait to see your segments! and i like your random question on the crop circles. my entire flight home, i was storing totally random flight-related comments that i want to blog about. lol!

Unknown March 17, 2011 at 1:53 PM  

Yes, see? I already told you you were a rockstar, remember? :)
Love that you did a video and I can't wait to see it! And hooray for you and the impossibly gorgeous Lisa meeting up, how fun is that?!

Lisa Dickinson March 17, 2011 at 4:40 PM  

oh the trouble we could cause if we lived closer...of course, drinking for two would require me to step up my training a bit. we need to start making plans for L.A. (because I have no life and this would make it seem better!)

Courtney Walsh March 20, 2011 at 9:11 PM  

oh my goodness, it looks like a blast! :) How fun! I noticed the circle crops too when we first moved to Colorado. Being from Illinois, I was really curious but still have no answer. lol

I'm no help at all.

erin March 20, 2011 at 10:44 PM  

sounds like a fun experience, congratulations!

Unknown March 25, 2011 at 1:59 PM  

Looks like you did an amazing job! Can't wait to see what you did with the video!

Back to TOP