Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Spring!

Happy Monday. Have I mentioned how much I love Mondays? Something about it being the beginning of a new week filled with lots of new adventures.

Plus I did have a great weekend. The sun was shining, my husband was home from a week long conference, and he cooked all weekend. And did the laundry. And I slept. A lot. YES, it was a good one.

Which brings me to this week's shiny new adventure: cleaning out my basement. If you've been reading my blog for a few months, you know that I'm moving. Really soon. In less than one month. You also probably know that I've been living in this house for almost nine years. We moved here from a bigger house, and a lot of the boxes just went straight into our basement. And there they sat. Unopened. For nine years. I think it's time to deal with those boxes. Something to do with curb, trash pick up date, and Salvation Army. If I haven't needed whatever was in those box for almost a decade, I don't really need them.

And if opening those boxes won't be an adventure enough, have I mentioned that I have a dark and dank unfinished basement? Uh yeah. Good times ahead. There is also the occasional snake down there. Need I say more?

No, sorry, there will be no sharing of basement photos (I want to be done and get the heck out.) What I can share is this layout in the current issue of Creating Keepsakes (that would be the March/April 2011 issue.)

As seen in the March/April 2011 issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine. Copyright Creative Crafts Group. Posted with prior permission from the publisher.
This was such a fun layout to create. I got to dig out photos of me throughout the ages. (Yes, you can click on it and get a much bigger view, and see my 70s outfit.) And yes, that would be me by the fruit cart. I was three, and really wanted to be part of this little group of street urchins. I'd strip down to my underclothes and go barefoot when the grown-ups weren't looking. My mom hated that. To this day, she insists that I dress nicely and wear makeup to go to the grocery store with her. Which I don't. Which vexes her.
It looks like I'm wearing shoes in this photo.
Alrighty. I think it's time to tackle the basement. If you don't hear from me in a few days, send the kids down to rescue me. They like snakes.

ps: by the way, thank you for the answers on circular farming! Now, I really want to see one up close.

6 comments :

JennO March 21, 2011 at 6:57 AM  

You? Vexing your mother? I can't imagine.
Love that layout!
Good luck with the basement...wish I had some magic elves to do it for you! Eeek!

my paper love studio March 21, 2011 at 7:45 AM  

oooh adore this and just love the fun design of the layout!! and have fun with all the cleaning :)

Diana Waite March 21, 2011 at 12:04 PM  

I REALLY enjoyed looking at this layout in CK--all the little details are GREAT! Good luck with the move--I can't stand it myself, but if you have to you have to. Good luck with the unclaimed boxes too, put the blinders on and sort away! :)

Unknown March 21, 2011 at 12:52 PM  

Oh wow, I LOVE this layout!! Such a fabulous mix of gorgeous photos, poignant journaling, and great design, love that stamping and stitching! I wish I lived nearby, we could help each other clean our respective basements, you know mine is in similar shape, sans the snakes though, thank god. ;p

Laina Lamb March 22, 2011 at 7:28 PM  

I loved this layout the minute I saw it in my issue. Sometimes I go ah...and i wanna be you!

Bridgette March 23, 2011 at 8:09 PM  

I feel your basement pain-we lived in our old house for 10 years and had unopened boxes in the garage (no basement. hee) and maybe my scorpions and your snakes could take care of each other and we wouldn't have to worry? LOL

Back to TOP