Monday, February 18, 2013

Lawn Fawn: February Inspiration Week


Hello hello!

Lawn Fawn is doing its monthly Inspiration Week right now, meaning, lots of prizes and ideas for projects.

I created a quick and simple layout using the new Pink Lemonade paper line. The colors are so vibrant and fun. Lots of citrus with some pink thrown in. It's the perfect foil for all the blue in my photos.

And of course this is a layout about going to the beach. Hahahah! I know, I know, I have a tough life. If you follow me on Instagram, you'll remember these from the beginning of the year. During our holiday break, I took my kids and friends to the beach just to hang out. It's so fun to see what they do when there are no video games, TVs, or toys around. They actually get creative!


To make this layout, I printed all the photos on one sheet of matte photo paper. I've really been into the matte paper lately. I use it for my Project Life, and it's super easy to stamp on. No need for alcohol inks. I also added the journaling directly to the big photo. I adhered the whole sheet of photos onto the stripey patterned paper, and then used the extra side strip of paper to make the banner in the middle. You know, those extra bits of patterned paper? One side has the name and UPC, the other is a pattern? I took three of those, glued them to a strip of cardstock, trimmed it, and attached it to my layout with some handstitching. On the top left, I tucked in a bit of another strip. On the bottom right, there's a label from the Element Stickers. The title is from the Grapefruit Pink Narrator Stickers. The date stamp is from Staples. The font is p22 Typewriter (my default typewriter font.)

Super simple!

Don't forget to drop by the Lawn Fawn blog to see more projects and to win some goodies. Thanks for coming by!

1 comments :

Jean Bullock February 19, 2013 at 12:58 PM  

I enjoyed how you cropped and paneled the photos in the top picture. Very inspirational. Must try it. Thanks!

Back to TOP