Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekend In Photos: The Vulcan Edition


If you've watched Star Trek (movie #10 by J.J. Abrams), you will recognize these rocks as Vulcan, Spock's home planet. If you are a fan of the original series, you'll remember this as where Captain Kirk and Gorn were beamed to fight til death. No, I'm not a trekkie. I married one!

This is actually Vasquez Rock in Agua Dolce, about 45 minutes outside of Los Angeles. Otherworldly and beautiful. We were in the vicinity, and decided to take the kids there. The boys are huge Star Trek fans, so it was a happy moment for them. Alas, I was wearing the wrong shoes for this little hike. Plus, did I mention it's gotten warm around these parts, and rattlesnakes like warm weather? Uh, yeah. Next time, we'll have to come prepared with sunscreen and hiking boots (maybe some water and wider lens too!)


3 comments :

Anonymous April 19, 2012 at 9:50 AM  

I love that you find all these places right here that I had no idea existed... ;). XOXO

Anonymous April 19, 2012 at 9:51 AM  

oh, PS it's me, Lisa VdV. I'm not really anonymous ;).

JennO April 25, 2012 at 2:55 PM  

Even without the wide lens these are pretty amazing. Your eye for composition is unerring.

Hiking boots? Rattlesnakes? Uggggh.

Back to TOP