Monday, April 23, 2012

Lawn Fawn: Inspiration Week


Hello! Happy Monday! It's Inspiration Week at Lawn Fawn which means lots of projects and prizes. Today is the intro to Claire's ABC. This set of alpha is perfect for cards and layouts, and it's the same font as the Bright Side stickers!


I wanted to keep this layout really simple to focus on the flower. I love hydrangeas! I had a few bushes in front of my house in Philly, and was so happy to find one in this house. White cardstock is the perfect background for a photo this colorful. I stamped the words, cut them out, and popped them up for emphasis.

Stamps: Lawn Fawn Claire's ABC and Flutter By / Ink: Clearsnap Colorbox in Berry and Fresh Green + Jenni Bowlin in Lemon Drops + Clearsnap Top Boss Embossing Pad / Embossing Powder: American Crafts Zing Opaque White / Mists: October Afternoon Sprinklers in Strawberry Creme + Studio Calico Mister Huey's in Bonny Blue and Sunshine / thread: DMC / cardstock: Bazzill

I also wanted to play with mist as watercolor. I know this is nothing new, and everyone in the interwebs has done it. Except for me! I actually have a nice collection of mists, but I don't use them because of the lack of control. I don't like that I can't control precisely where the color will land. With a water brush, I can add color exactly where I want. Love! You'll definitely see me doing more of this.


One last thing: Lawn Fawn's alpha stamps are super easy to line up. Every letter stamp base is precisely the same height and there isn't much extra polymer on the sides. So, as long as you have them lined up next to each other, touching, the baselines will be aligned, and each word will stamp perfectly. So awesome!


Thanks for coming by today. Don't forget to stop by Lawn Fawn and enter to win some stamps! Have a great day.

6 comments :

~amy~ April 23, 2012 at 4:38 AM  

gorgeous CAS layout!!

Yainea April 23, 2012 at 6:37 AM  

SO beautiful! I love the ethereal look of your butterflies, the stitched lines and the words poped up and stamped in bright colors. Gorgeous! :)

conil April 23, 2012 at 12:01 PM  

Gorgeous LO and the way you used the stamps was very effective. Thanks, BTW, for the tip on lining up the alphas. I didn't know that.

Keshet April 23, 2012 at 4:43 PM  

so pretty!

Barb Ghig April 24, 2012 at 11:52 AM  

Your layout is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love how you used Claire's ABC's and the butterflies are darling!!!
Thanks so much for all the inspiration!!!

JennO April 25, 2012 at 3:01 PM  

Super gorgeous. LOVE how you did the mist/watercoloring on the butterflies. Smart!

Back to TOP