Thursday, June 7, 2012

Lawn Fawn + May Arts


Hello hello! This week, Lawn Fawn has paired up with May Arts for yummy stampy ribbony love. And here's my contribution.


It's a recap of our weekend up California's Central Coast. I made the word art first in Adobe Illustrator, then transferred it to my Silhouette Cameo. That should have been easy, except that I haven't quite figured out all the settings of the Cameo, so I cut it out 5 or 6 times, and finally ended up trimming some out with a knife. I'm no Erica. I can't cut small things out with a knife! So please forgive the slightly shredded words. Backed it all up with bits of colorful paper, lots of it from Lawn Fawn (perfect for those Spring projects).


Then I stamped my favorite camera stamp, embossed them in white, and watercolored with some mist. Same with the butterfly. Added the banners made from May Arts' ribbons, and topped it off with an Ormolu button.


The photos were gathered in Photoshop, and printed in one sheet of photo paper. And, of course, I finished the layout with some hand stitching! Hand stitching makes me happy.


The good part? Both Lawn Fawn and May Arts are doing giveaways throughout the week. So go by both blogs, check out the awesome projects, and leave comments! Thanks for dropping by!

5 comments :

Kathy H June 7, 2012 at 6:19 PM  

I think that's one of the best layouts I've seen ever. Awesome!

Donna Jannuzzi June 8, 2012 at 12:24 PM  

Love this!! That little camera stamp is a favorite of mine too. =)

Kim Watson June 11, 2012 at 8:19 AM  

I love the concept behind the design...seriously cool! I WILL be lifting the idea babe! You have the cutest boys you know? x

Bridgette June 18, 2012 at 9:13 AM  

wait, you got a cameo? Did I know this? HOORAY!!!
This is awesome. If I had any skills at all in adobe I might try to design some stuff myself. LOL!

Vee July 31, 2012 at 1:06 PM  

love this page lots!!

Back to TOP