Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Lawn Fawn Intro: Quinn's 1-2-3


Happy Wednesday! My household is all abuzz! Tomorrow is the last day of school for my kids, and they are hopping off the wall with excitement. Must confess that I am too. This was a long year, school-wise. It's time for them to have a little break. Never mind summer school/camps start next Monday... But for now, we are ready to celebrate. As soon as the kids get off school tomorrow, we are heading out to Palm Springs for a long weekend. And even though, they will spend part of their summer in school, we've planned some fun local adventures.

I did write down a list on a piece of paper, but then I thought it would be fun to create a sort of advent calendar? What would one call this? A countdown calendar? I don't know. But you get the idea.

stamps: Lawn Fawn Quinn's 1-2-3 + Harold's ABC / patterned paper: Crate Paper / washi tape: MT / teardrop sticker: Martha Stewart x Avery / ink: Tsukineko Versafine / diecut system: Silhouette Cameo

And since Lawn Fawn is introducing its Quinn's 1-2-3 stamps, I used it here to number the little flaps. These are the same font as Quinn's ABC. They are already available in the Lawn Fawn shop and other stores (online and brick).


To make this layout list, I created a quick and simple file for Cameo, because why bring out the knife and ruler unless I really have to, right? The Cameo cut the windows, and I backed the patterned paper (this paper kills me! Crate! I love it!) with white cardstock. I stamped the numbers on the flaps, machine stitched them in between, and adhered the photos inside. Then I created the little "handles" with some washi tape. Finished the layout with the Silhouette-cut title, and stamped "2012" using Harold's ABC. That by the way is a Martha Stewart x Avery label. They come in that teardrop shape in a variety of colors. Super cute.


That is it! The kids got pretty excited when they saw this. I think they like the mystery of the little windows and the pops of bright colors. Although, there's hardly any mystery, since they've opened all the flaps already.

In case you are curious, our list is:

  1. Hollyhock House
  2. The Getty Villa
  3. Warner Brothers VIP Tour
  4. LACMA
  5. Grand Central Market
  6. Griffith Observatory
  7. The Getty
  8. Olvera Street
  9. The Huntington Library

If you'd like to make your own flap-y list, I'm sharing my Cameo file here.  Also, don't forget to go by the Lawn Fawn blog and leave comments to win the new stamps! Thanks for dropping by today!

10 comments :

cutiephinphin June 20, 2012 at 12:20 AM  

great layout. I feel the excitement at opening each flap too. Thanks for the inspiration and for the studio file.

Dilyana June 20, 2012 at 4:55 AM  

Such an interesting idea! I'll definitely use this for some project if you don't mind :-) Greetings from Bulgaria

Unknown June 20, 2012 at 5:38 AM  

This is so great! Love it!

Ashley Calder June 20, 2012 at 7:07 AM  

This is so lovely! So simple, and so lovely.

conil June 20, 2012 at 8:46 AM  

Ingenius. This is a terrific LO.

Bridgette June 20, 2012 at 11:17 AM  

LOVE THIS! We did the WB VIP Tour on our honeymoon...SO AWESOME. You'll LOVE IT.

um, if you have any other Cameo files to share, you know my email. hee ;) xo

Erica Hernandez June 22, 2012 at 5:23 PM  

this is awesome! such a cool way to save your summer list - you are brilliant!

Teka Cochonneau June 25, 2012 at 12:50 PM  

This is amazing!! Love love love. wow!

Cara June 30, 2012 at 9:35 AM  

I love this layout. What font did you use for the title?

Unknown August 14, 2012 at 6:40 PM  

Cara, sorry I didn't see this sooner! The font is Learning Curve. It's free! So google it and you'll find several places to download it.

Back to TOP