Monday, September 22, 2014

Lawn Fawn: Snow Day Collection


It's time for another Lawn Fawn Inspiration Week! And this time, Lawn Fawn is featuring its holiday line, Snow Day. I know right? Christmas! Snow! Eeep! Not sure I'm entirely ready for this. Especially since the temps around Los Angeles have been in the 100s.

I created this layout about one of our Christmas trees. Back when we lived in Philly, one of our favorite traditions was to drive out into the country to find that perfect tree, cut it down ourselves, and haul it home. We've done it once here, and the experience was a bit surreal. There we were, cutting down a pine, surrounded by palm trees. PALM TREES! And we were all in shorts and T-shirts. SHORTS! But it's not going to stop us from doing it again this year.

To create this layout, I used the Hoodie paper, which is all journaling cards on one side and tiny polka dots on the other.




I printed photos in 3x4 and one in 4x6. Each photo has a little paper detail that I punched out (Fiskars punch) from the Snow Day petite paper pack. I sewed the scallops directly onto the photos. Then adhered them right on top of the journaling cards using pop-up dots (Scrapbook Adhesives). The alpha stamps are Riley's ABC. The tiny snowflakes stamped on the "Jolly Holly Days" card are from Deck The Halls set. I finished off with my printed journaling, and wooden snowflakes. Easy peasy.

Now, I can't wait for the weather to cool off a bit around these parts. I hear we'll be getting Fall-like weather soon. Los-Angeles-Fall, that is. (Meaning, we'll still be in shorts.)

Thanks for dropping by! Don't forget to visit Lawn Fawn's blog, and leave a comment to win. See you again tomorrow.

Back to TOP