Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cocoa Daisy March

Are you totally impressed that I've blogged several days in a row? I am surprised. Anyway...

Cocoa Daisy. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I LOVE THIS KIT! Opening that box, finding those beautiful papers and embellies was such a happy thing. The colors are fab! You can get your own here.
(click on the layouts to get a bigger view.)


A layout about my middle child. The poor kid. He's often lost between the drama of the biggest and the littlest. But I know how he feels. I am a middle child. He's in my mind and heart always.

I've loved those Pink Paislee hexagon chipboards the very first time I saw them last summer CHA. So glad they were in the kit! I'm doing a blog post about this layout for Cocoa Daisy in March.

The arrow is a stamp from their awesome stamp add-on. The fab folks at Clearsnap sent me some ink pads, and I have been in love with the two colors I used here: Berry and Wheatgrass (Colorbox). From what I understand, these are limited edition. Those two colors are perfect with this kit.

 That ribbon is so pretty! It's wired, and it's a really thick linen.

It was hard to read the title, so I outlined it with a marker. I know other people do this all the time, but this was my first time! I was nervous. Really nervous! That distressed circle is a stamp from the stamp add-on.

 The rhinestones came with the kit, and I used them! So proud of myself!


As soon as I saw the chipboard shapes (from Studio Calico), I knew I wanted to use them for photos. They are teeny, but I love how neatly they fit with this patterned paper (Dear Lizzy by American Crafts). I wanted to keep the pattern mostly undisturbed, and just add little details here and there.

 A hand stitched "b". A few buttons.

A bit of journaling. The photo tags were also handstitched on. I love that photo of Luke trying out eyeglasses at a Walgreens.

And a card! That arrow stamp came with the main kit. I've used it so many times already! The background lattice is from the add-on stamps.

I had forgotten how much I love using a kit to create. Thanks Cocoa Daisy!

7 comments :

~amy~ February 29, 2012 at 4:37 AM  

I so love your style...awesome layouts and card!

Kim J March 1, 2012 at 6:15 PM  

ooooh, feeling the love for the Cocoa Daisy! These are some fab layouts, Linda.

April March 2, 2012 at 1:43 PM  

Your work is amazing!!

cassie March 3, 2012 at 6:48 AM  

I really love that middle child layout, especially since I am one, too! The b&w photos look awesome in the colorful hexagons.

itsallrosi March 5, 2012 at 11:24 AM  

fantastic pages!

and hey, congrats!

keisha March 7, 2012 at 6:01 AM  

OMG, UPDATES!!!!! Woohoo, love it when you BLOG!! Awesome projects-the stitched pages are my fave. Miss ya...

Unknown March 13, 2012 at 6:09 AM  

i love your CD projects, they are awesome!!! now i really want that set of hexagon stickers, crap!

Back to TOP