Friday, September 10, 2010

In Search Of

A good adhesive.

Ever since Kokuyo stopped selling their roller-dot-y dispensers here in the US, I've tried quite a few other brands. Most were very disappointing.

But as I was perusing my Target recently (and I mean perusing, as in, I was walking every aisle, including the men's hair care section), I noticed this Scotch roller-dot-y thing.


It looks a lot like the Kokuyo, no? It was kinda pricey. A little more than the Kokuyo. But I bought it anyway, because peoples, I'm desperate.

Tried it last night, and it's almost exactly like Kokuyo! Yea, mama!

Two differences I've noticed so far:
1. The dispenser is not exactly the same. So there's no recycling the old Kokuyos I was saving. And the "lid" on the tip folds downwards towards the dispensing side. Kinda on the way.

2. The dots are slightly blue. I don't remember Kokuyo being slightly blue. Were they? I can't remember that far back (I can't remember what I ate for dinner last night.)

But hey, those are issues I can deal with.

So there you have it. A good substitute. And nope, I'm not affiliated with Scotch.

I need to find a place that sells it for cheaper and stock up. Just in case this one gets discontinued too!

eta: Jenn pointed out that Scrapbook.com has them pretty cheap in six-packs. Six-packs = good stuff. Think beer, stomachs, and now adhesive. YES!

4 comments :

Anonymous September 10, 2010 at 11:03 AM  

That's definitely my new fave/replacement for the Kuk...that little lid bothers me, too. I think the Kuk dots were a little blue. :) I usually buy it from scrapbook.com because they sell the refills in a 6 pack.

candy September 10, 2010 at 3:10 PM  

I find the best adhesive is "merge layer"... tee heee heeeee... you know you love me & my digi. :) I might have to give all that up though if we're talking beer! :)

Barb September 11, 2010 at 3:44 AM  

I still have some Kokuyo refills. My friend, Nath, bought some from the website that Ali and CathyZ linked up a while back - plus, I got the last 5 off the shelves at my LSS. Despite my stash of Kokuyo refills, I've already scoped out my new favourite adhesive - I'm loving the new AC runners.

Unknown September 11, 2010 at 10:00 AM  

Candy, you are killing me with your "merge layers." So much easier, cheaper, and cleaner! ;)

Barb, my problem with the AC runner is that the dots are way too gummy. They tend to run off the paper a bit. Same with the Tombow. The old ACs were better.

Back to TOP